05 January 2024

January Elemental Inspiration Challenge 2024

 Hello and welcome back to my blog!

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year!

I hope you all had a well deserved Christmas and New Years break. It was much needed my end and crafting was definitely on hold. I have neglected by blog since October and I put it down to the time change when the clocks go back around that time of year. I feel like I'm always playing catch up. So, in many ways by the time we are in the new year I'm still thinking about Christmas. I know this sounds bizarre but I've noticed this was the same last year and the year before. This year I’m hoping to be kinder to myself and be more mindful.

Today I am back with this year’s first Daring Cardmakers Challenge which is an elemental one. To take part all you have to do is choose three elements to create your card. Remember colours count as one element. I chose colours, squares and leaves for my card.



I have created my card using collage papers and a stencil by Art Journal Love which is available from Funky Fossil Designs. I love these collage papers they are so bright and vibrant, perfect for quick cards. The paper I chose incorporates all the colours in the mood board, well nearly. I then added stitching details to two pieces of 2 inch square cards and mounted them onto the patterned paper. I created the leaves using the stencil and distress oxides. I then added details using a fine liner and a posca pen to give the leaves more definition. After fussing cutting the leaves I adhered them to the squares on my card. I couldn’t find a sentiment I liked so I decided to create one using my own handwriting.
Here is the mood board if you would like to take part.


I hope you enjoyed my take on this weeks challenge. Show us some of your creations and don't forget to share on the Daring Cardmakers blog.

Thank you so much for stopping by and I wish you all a very happy weekend. Check out all the inspiration from the DT over on the Daring Cardmakers blog;


Crafty Hugs,

Rizwana xx

No comments:

Post a Comment