25 March 2022

The Early Bird Catches the Worm- Daring Cardmakers Challenge.

 Hello and welcome back to my blog!

This week, we've had some bright sunny weather. Not too warm but nice enough to get that lovely spring feeling. The sun is out early so its no longer dark on our way to work. This has certainly brought a cheerful mood to our challenges too as we move from last weeks spring theme to this weeks; 

The early bird catches the Worm.

This weeks challenge is set by DT member Mirri and she would like you to create a card with whatever comes to mind when you hear this saying, such as birds of any kind, sun rays/sunshine/sunset or even a worm!

My card has been created using printables from Fox and Found Studio by Katy Leitch. I started off by using some left over red polka dot paper, which I think went really well in the background as it brings out the red in the birds face. After adhering that to my base card I tore the edges of one of the receipts from the Old Receipts printable and inked the edges using Vintage Photo Distress ink. I then cut out one of the bird images from the Antique Bird Illustrations printable. I distressed the sides of the image using a distress tool and also inked the edges using the same distress ink. I then fussy cut one of the flowers from the Big Blooms sheet and one of the tape strips from the Document Tape Strips sheet to create some flags. To finish it off I added a sentiment from the Everyday Card Greetings and used some stickles for the flowers.


Here is a close up of the finished card. I hope you enjoyed my take on this weeks challenge.Show us some of your creations and don't forget to share on the Daring Cardmakers blog or our Facebook page Daring Cardmakers Create and Share. 



Thank you so much for stopping by and I wish you all a very happy weekend. Check out all the inspiration from the DT over on the Daring Cardmakers blog;
 https://daringcardmakers.blogspot.com

Crafty Hugs,
Rizwana xx

1 comment:

  1. I love the vintage look of your card and the layers of paper! How amazing that the bird even has a worm in it's beek :-). Perfect for our challenge!

    ReplyDelete