11 March 2022

For Ukraine -Daring Cardmakers Challenge

 Hello and welcome back to my blog!

This week we're asking you to join us and show your support for the people of Ukraine by filling the crafting world with
 
Sunflowers, Blue, Yellow and HOPE.

The world is changing so quickly around us natural disasters, pandemics and wars. It makes me sad that we have not learnt anything from history but letting it repeat itself over and over again. The biggest thing I guess is not giving up hope. Hope is the one thing that can help us get through the darkest of times.

 Hope is being able to see 
that there is light 
despite all of the darkness.
- Desmond Tutu


I decided to create a stepper card and covered it with sunflower patterned paper I created myself. I wanted it to be just a subtle grey and not overpowering in black. I have used a digital sunflower by Power Poppy by Marcella Hawley (she has very kindly put up a few free digital sunflower images if you would like to create your own card in support of Ukraine). The sunflower has been coloured using Ohuhu markers and then attached to the back step of the card. I added a sentiment on the front two steps of the card and then finished it off with some stickles on the centre of the sunflower.


I hope you enjoyed my take on this weeks challenge.Show us some of your creations and don't forget to share on the Daring Cardmakers blog or our Facebook page Daring Cardmakers Create and Share. 
Thank you so much for stopping by and I wish you all a very happy weekend. Check out all the inspiration from the DT over on the Daring Cardmakers blog;
 https://daringcardmakers.blogspot.com

Crafty Hugs,
Rizwana xx

2 comments: