09 June 2023

Everything's Coming Up Roses- DCM

Hello and welcome back to my blog!

I hope you are all enjoying the beautiful sunny weather and spending time out doors or in your garden. This weeks challenge is set by DT member Joanne and its  all about Roses.  

                             Everything's Coming up Roses 
 
Joanne says, " As roses are one of the two birth flowers for June, this week we’d like to see roses somewhere on your project. If you’re not in the mood for flowers there’s another way to play; Yellow roses symbolise friendship so include yellow in your colour palette with any image or technique you like as a nod to crafty friendships. 
Extra brownie points if you manage both and show us yellow roses!"



Lately I have been experimenting with watercolours and fine liners. This has been very different from my usual stamping and paper crafting. I'm really enjoying the process of just doodling simple flowers and leaves. So for my card this week I decided to doodle some simple roses using the Nova fine liners onto watercolour card and then painting them with the Nova watercolours both available from DRK crafts. Once I had finished painting the roses, I added some splatters using the same colours. I mounted the watercolour card onto some yellow card before adhering it to the main card. I'm hoping to earn brownie points for using roses and the colour yellow 😊.

I hope you enjoyed my take on this weeks challenge. Show us some of your creations and don't forget to share on the Daring Cardmakers blog.


Thank you so much for stopping by and I wish you all a very happy weekend. Check out all the inspiration from the DT over on the Daring Cardmakers blog;


Crafty Hugs,

Rizwana xx

2 comments:

  1. You definitely get the extra brownie points, love your hand drawn roses and doodled border, fabulous card Rizwana!

    ReplyDelete