15 September 2023

Take A Break-Daring Cardmakers Challenge

 Hello and welcome back to my blog!

Today we have a brand new challenge over on the Daring Cardmakers blog. This weeks challenge is set by Miri and its called:

TAKE A BREAK

Miri says, 'I guess that most of us are back to everyday life after summer. And now let's not forget to take breaks regularly. Show us on your card what "taking a break" means for you: a cup of tea/coffee, a nap, a walk in nature, taking a sun bath, crafting etc.'

For me taking a break means having some time out to do some crafting. Recently I have been enjoying the art of doodling. This can be anything really but I do love to doodle pretty patterns and botanical drawings. I love the process of just taking your time and drawing things slowly and letting your mind wander freely. Usually I just doodle on a two inch square piece of card using a fine liner pen and then adding them to my sketchbook. Five or ten minutes of mindful doodling is really good for your mind and soul. Doodling on a smaller piece of card helps you to create something quicker and there isn't that overwhelm of a large space to cover. Sometimes I'll get adventurous and create larger pieces and then use watercolours to colour them in. 


For my card this week I have created this doodle leaf drawing using Nova Fineliners and Nova watercolours.

I hope you enjoyed my take on this weeks challenge. Show us some of your creations and don't forget to share on the Daring Cardmakers blog.

Thank you so much for stopping by and I wish you all a very happy weekend. Check out all the inspiration from the DT over on the Daring Cardmakers blog;


Crafty Hugs,

Rizwana xx

2 comments:

  1. That's so beautiful, Rizwana! What a great way to relax and I love it how you turned your lovely doodling into a great card. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete