30 September 2023

Under and Over, repeat... -Daring Cardmakers Challenge

 Hello and welcome back to my blog!

This week we have a brand new challenge over on the Daring Cardmakers blog and its set by DT member Kathy. The challenge is called;

Under and Over, repeat..

 This one is all about weaving! You could do some actual weaving with paper strips or yarn... 
or use a stamp or embossing folder with a woven patters... 
or add some woven fabric...
There are lots of possibilities and I can't wait to see what you will make!


For my card I decided to draw a weave pattern for the background using a fine liner pen. This was fun to do and quiet therapeutic. I added some images to a tag which I have cut from paper napkins. This napkin technique is pretty cool as you can make the image sturdy. You can do this by sandwiching the 1ply napkin image, cling film and some card and placing it between two pieces of baking parchment and then ironing them using a hot iron no steam. This makes the cling film fuse together the napkin image to the card as it melts. Make sure you have a enough parchment so you can protect your iron from anything sticking to it. I hope you will give this technique a try and let me know if you enjoyed using your napkins for cards or other crafts.

I hope you enjoyed my take on this weeks challenge. Show us some of your creations and don't forget to share on the Daring Cardmakers blog.

Thank you so much for stopping by and I wish you all a very happy weekend. Check out all the inspiration from the DT over on the Daring Cardmakers blog;


Crafty Hugs,

Rizwana xx


No comments:

Post a Comment