22 January 2021

You're So Square- Daring Cardmakers Challenge

 Good Morning and Happy Friday!

Welcome back to my blog for another new Daring Cardmakers Challenge. This weeks challenge is set by DT member Shabneez and its called:

YOU'RE SO SQUARE!

So the challenge is to use squares on your card - the more the better! You can use a square card base, apertures, stamps or stencils. Show us how you would use squares creatively!


I decided to take out some of my Aallandcreate stamps which I hadn't used in a while. This stamp set is designed by Olga Heldwein and is called Just Grow #270. I stamped one of the flower stamps onto a piece of card. I then randomly stamped some distress oxides (Peacock Feathers, Peeled Paint and Seedless Preserve) onto a stencil and sprayed it with some water. I placed the stencil on top of my stamped floral image and pressed it using a kitchen paper towel. This gave me a quick coloured background which I then mounted onto some black card. I stamped the same image again and used a square die to cut out a smaller area with the main flower head. This too I mounted onto some black card and added foam pads, to make it stand out a little. The square was then placed onto the main background carefully matching the stamped image. This gives the smaller square a spotlight effect as it stands out without any colour. I then added a sentiment from the Simple Said Blocks by Uniko.  

Here is a close up.


I hope you enjoyed my take on this weeks challenge. Show us some of your creations and don't forget to share on the Daring Cardmakers blog or our Facebook page Daring Cardmakers Create and Share.



 Thank you so much for stopping by and I wish you all a very happy weekend. Check out all the inspiration from the DT over on the Daring Cardmakers blog https://daringcardmakers.blogspot.com


Crafty Hugs,
Rizwana


2 comments:

  1. A stunning creation Rizwana - love everything about it including your use of squares! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete