28 May 2021

You're Mermazing! -Daring Cardmakers Challenge

 Hello and Happy Friday!

Welcome back to another Daring Cardmakers challenge. This weeks challenge is set by Jenny and its called:

YOU'RE MERMAZING!

Jenny says, "May is a month to celebrate mermaids with artists and crafters sharing their projects using the hashtag #MerMay.  I'd love to see your mermaid inspired cards."




 Mermaids are mythical creatures of the sea and I've always been fascinated by all the stories I use to read as a kid. So I was really excited when I found my Julie Nutting Mermaid doll stamp, perfect for this challenge. I stamped out my image and coloured it with my alcohol markers and sparkle pens. I then fussy cut the mermaid and placed her onto some patterned paper and adhered her to it. I also fussy cut some shells and arranged them onto the base of the card. I then added some mini wooden sea embellishments.



 Then I created a small shaker element out of the plastic circle left at the end of your double-sided tape. I wrapped some washi tape around it and then glued that to some patterned paper. Once it was dry I cut around it and  added some sequins inside, then covered the top with acetate. Its a good way to recycle the inner plastic circles and to use them in your projects. I then typed out my sentiment and added that to my card and finished it off by adding an anchor charm to the shaker circle. 


I hope you enjoyed my take on this weeks challenge. 
Show us some of your creations and don't forget to share on the Daring Cardmakers blog or our Facebook page Daring Cardmakers Create and Share.

Thank you so much for stopping by and I wish you all a very happy weekend. Check out all the inspiration from the DT over on the Daring Cardmakers blog https://daringcardmakers.blogspot.com


Crafty Hugs,
Rizwana

 

No comments:

Post a Comment