02 December 2022

December Elemental Inspirational Challenge- Daring Cardmakers

 Hello and welcome to December!

Wow where did the year go! I'm still in October so this is a bit of a shock to the system knowing we are at the end of the year already. Then I feel like this every year especially when the clocks go back. The days are so short and the constant rushing around trying to fit everything in makes me want to hibernate and emerge in spring, but then I'll miss all the seasonal festivities so that can't happen. Deep breath and relax is what I need to remind myself of and take one day at a time and enjoy the everyday simple things in life.

 So are you all ready for December? Have you got all your Christmassy things done? Have you created all your Christmas cards? If you haven't started creating your cards yet or thought about putting up the Christmas decorations come and have a browse through the Daring Cardmakers blog. Here you'll find lots of inspiration and ideas to create your own works of art.

This week we have an Elemental Inspirational Challenge where you card create anything you like using three elements from our December mood board. Remember colours count as one element.  


For my project this week I decided to create a Christmas Candle Centrepiece. I chose colours, foliage and a candle. I created my candle by folding pages of an old book and then adding some hessian ribbon around it and decorated the front with some berries, leaves, mini pinecones and tartan ribbon. I made the base from thick cardboard and decorated it with things from my stash. 
 

I hope you enjoyed my take on this weeks challenge. Show us some of your creations and don't forget to share on the Daring Cardmakers blog. Thank you so much for stopping by and I wish you all a very happy weekend. Check out all the inspiration from the DT over on the Daring Cardmakers blog;


Crafty Hugs,

Rizwana xx

No comments:

Post a Comment