06 January 2023

January 2023 Elemental Inspiration Challenge-Daring Cardmakers


 Hello and Happy New Year!

Welcome back to my blog for the very first challenge of the year. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas break and I wish you all a happy, healthy and prosperous year ahead.

Its the January Elemental Inspiration Challenge over on the Daring Cardmakers blog and this month's mood board is set by DT member Shabneez. All you have to do is choose any three elements from the moodboard for your cards. Remember colours count as one element. There's lots of elements to choose from and I hope you will enjoy joining in.


For my card I chose woodgrain, colours, fabrics and foliage. I have always wanted to incorporate fabric pieces onto my cards and this has been a perfect challenge to do just that. After choosing my background paper in woodgrain, I added a few small pieces of fabric from my stash. I then added some stitching using a sewing machine. The leaf stamp is from Carabelle Studio, which is stamped onto watercolour card and coloured using distress inks. I thought the sentiment was very fitting for the new year and hope that it is a good year for all of us.


 I hope you enjoyed my take on this weeks challenge. Show us some of your creations and don't forget to share on the Daring Cardmakers blog.

Thank you so much for stopping by and I wish you all a very happy weekend. Check out all the inspiration from the DT over on the Daring Cardmakers blog;


Crafty Hugs,
Rizwana xx

No comments:

Post a Comment