11 September 2020

Oh Baby -Daring Cardmakers Challenge

 Good morning and happy Friday everyone!

Welcome back to another new challenge this week's challenge is set by DT member Ruth and its called;

Oh Baby!

You can make a card for a New Baby OR for your baby- however old they are!
I'm sharing a card I made for my youngest who had his birthday just at the end of August. His birthday is usually a grand finale of birthdays with August being the busiest with at least two/three birthdays a week. Such a fun month with lots of family get togethers, but sadly not this year.
 My youngest turned 13 this year and starts his teenage journey and I can see  how quickly my baby boy is growing up. No matter how old he gets he'll always be my baby! That goes to my older two too, who also had their birthdays recently and are now 20 and 18. Still my babies 😄.

I created my card using one of Janet Klein's digital stamps from The winter brothers. I coloured the image using alcohol markers and pencils. I created the background using distress oxides (salty ocean, spiced marmalade and wild honey). I lay some colour onto my craft sheet separately and added water with a spray bottle and picked up each colour slightly drying them in between. This gives your background a watercolour effect with some colours blending into each other. Using the same colours I stenciled through some patterns onto the background. I added a die cut in a teal blue colour which was just perfect for this. I added a punched circle with the number 13 and some numbers in the background to add interest. I doodled a stitched border around the card and finally added my cute image to my card.



Here are all three of the cards I created for my boys recently for their birthdays. They are all created in the same way as above, I hope you like them as much as I do.



This has been a really fun challenge and I have really enjoyed it. Can't wait to see all your creations.


I really hope you enjoyed your visit here today and are inspired to create something beautiful.
Show us some of your creations and don't forget to share on the Daring Cardmakers blog or our Facebook page Daring Cardmakers Create and Share.
Thank you so much for stopping by and I wish you all a very happy week. Check out all the inspiration from the DT over on the Daring Cardmakers blog https://daringcardmakers.blogspot.com

Crafty Hugs,
Rizwana

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! What a fab array of cards, all so colourful and cheery. I bet your 'babies' all loved their cards :)
    All those birthdays in such a short time - my goodness, you must have been busy!

    ReplyDelete