15 May 2020

International Family Day- Daring Cardmakers Challenge

Hello and welcome back to another Daring Cardmakers Challenge. This week's challenge is set by DT member Joanne and it's all about Family as it is International Family Day today.

It's been a hard couple of months not being able to visit family since the lockdown restrictions have been put in place. My family is very close and we have lots of get-togethers which of course is not possible now. I really miss them all and the kids miss going to grandma's and having fun with their uncles and aunts. I missed my sisters too and this card was just perfect to remind them we may be afar but we are still close at heart.



I must have had this Penny Black stamp in my stash for ages and totally forgot about it. Its just recently been found during a clear up and so glad as its perfect for this project. I stamped and coloured my image and doodled a frame around it. I matted it onto an inky background which I had made previously and then layered it onto black card before I added it to the main card. I die-cut a black photo frame to capture the two sisters together. I couldn't find an appropriate sentiment in my stash, so I decided to handwrite one. Who are you missing the most during these times? What does family mean to you? Lets celebrate International Family Day together and create something for a loved one.




I hope you like my take on the Daring Cardmakers challenge and are inspired to join in the fun.
Thank you so much for stopping by I wish you all a happy weekend with lots of luck.
Check out all the inspiration from the DT over on the Daring Cardmakers blog https://daringcardmakers.blogspot.com

Crafty Hugs
Rizwana








1 comment:

  1. Love the idea of the photo frame over part of the image - great card Rizwana! Let's hope we can all get together with family before too much longer.

    ReplyDelete