29 May 2020

Big Celebrations - Daring Cardmakers Challenge


Hello and welcome to another Daring Cardmakers Challenge. This weeks challenge is all about Big Celebrations set by DT member Miri.
Its been really hard whilst being in lock down to celebrate any big occasions without friends and family. Last month it was my nieces 18th birthday, but there was no big family get together or birthday party at Grandma's.
 This week we also celebrated Eid and yet again a very different one indeed. I found this really emotional as we always celebrate with my mum and dad and all my siblings. So there was a lot of video calling and sharing pictures.



So I had created this card for my niece and I'm hoping we will be able to see her soon so I can give her all her gifts and cards we have for her. I created the background using distress oxides and an Aallandcreate stencil. Once dried I stamped the word square by IndigoBlu using VersaClaire black ink. I cut die some numbers in different sizes in black and in white glitter card. I adhered the large black numbers just under the glitter card numbers to create a shadow before gluing them down. Then I mat and layered on to black card and adhered the final piece to my main card.



Show us some of your creations and don't forget to share on the blog or our facebook page Daring Cardmakers Create and Share.
 I hope you like my take on this week's Daring Cardmakers Challenge and have been inspired to create something beautiful.

Thank you so much for stopping by I wish you all a very happy weekend. Check out all the inspiration from the DT over on the Daring Cardmakers blog https://daringcardmakers.blogspot.com

Crafty Hugs,
Rizwana

2 comments:

  1. That's such a fun colourful card! I'm sorry that you couldn't celebrate your niece's birthday (and Eid) this year as planned. But I'm sure she'll love the card once you can give it to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great 18th card and such a lot of untradionally celebrated birthdays this year
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete