05 June 2020

June's Elemental Inspirational Challenge

Hello and welcome back to my blog for another Daring Cardmakers Challenge. It's the first Friday of the month which means its the June Elemental Inspirational Challenge which is set by Kathy this week. The mood board is full of summery inspiration and lots of elements to choose from.




I created a CAS  (clean and simple) card and started off with a blue gingham background. I stamped and embossed my jar image onto some vellum and coloured on the back with a pale blue alcohol marker. Then I die-cut my image and  another one out of plain white cardstock. I applied wet glue around the edges of the white die-cut jar and placed the vellum piece on top. This way the pale blue shows through giving the illusion of water and glass. I then die-cut some leafy stems and small flowers and arranged them in the jar. I added small pearl gems to the centre of the flowers, some organza ribbon and a sentiment to finish off my card.




I've really enjoyed creating my card using elements from the mood board. All you have to do is choose any three elements and create your card.

I hope you like my take on the Daring Cardmakers challenge and are inspired to create something beautiful.
Thank you so much for stopping by, I wish you all a happy weekend. Check out all the inspiration from the DT over on the Daring Cardmakers blog https://daringcardmakers.blogspot.com

Crafty Hugs,
Rizwana






















5 comments:

  1. Love your idea to use the vellum and the flowers look so pretty. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful CAS card love the jar of flowers
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card, fresh and clean flowers, so lovely
    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the traslucent jar, a really pretty country-feel card Rizwana!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I love the way the flowers look on the gingham background, and the technique for the jar is really effective

    ReplyDelete