16 October 2020

World Dictionary Day- Daring Cardmakers Challenge

Hello and welcome back to my blog!

 Today we are celebrating World Dictionary Day. We would like you to celebrate with us by using a dictionary definition, dictionary or book page or make words the focal point of your creation this week.

I love using book pages and old dictionary pages in my creations. I've always been a book lover and one to keep them in pristine condition, and on seeing book pages used in various artworks I was initially taken aback on this idea. However, after discovering that a lot of books end up in landfill it made me quite accepting of recycling old books into my creations instead of getting rid of them. So I rescued an old Webster Dictionary from one of my local charity bookshops and I've had fun creating various projects with its beautiful pages full of definitions and illustrations.

For my card I created the background using one of Tracy Evans stamp sets (Honeybee #330). I stamped the honeycomb stamp onto my base card and used distress oxides and shimmer pens to colour the background. I tore a strip from the dictionary and layered it onto a black piece of card and then mounted that onto my base card. I stamped and coloured the beehive and bee, then fussy cut each image. On the beehive stamp, there is a very fine vine growing around it which I followed with a thin green wire and attached some tiny leaves cut out of some larger leaf embellishments. I then glued two bees together leaving the wings free so I could shape them to give dimension. I added splatters and some green gems to finish off.

I hope you enjoyed my take on this weeks challenge. Show us some of your creations and don't forget to share on the Daring Cardmakers blog or our Facebook page Daring Cardmakers Create and Share.


 
Thank you so much for stopping by and I wish you all a very happy weekend. Check out all the inspiration from the DT over on the Daring Cardmakers blog https://daringcardmakers.blogspot.com

Crafty Hugs,
Rizwana

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful take on the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Rizwana - perfect for the theme and the bee stamps are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete