23 April 2021

Celebrating Books-Daring Cardmakers Challenge

Hello and welcome back to my blog!

Today I'm back with another Daring Cardmakers Challenge and this weeks host is DT Svenja. As its International Book (and copyright) day she wants us to celebrate books and their heroes. So, make a book related card: celebrate books themselves, getting lost in a good book or some classic book heroes - and heroines. Or maybe you even want to create a book!

CELEBRATING BOOKS



I decided to create a card with a stack of books all tied up ready to be given to a book lover. I love books and have always loved reading. Its amazing how some books can take you to different places and you can even make friends with the all the super heroes. So for my books I cut 3/4 inch stripes of patterned paper and used my circle punch to round the edge of one side and a half circle punched out at the other end. Then I stacked the books and adhered them to a small piece of card so I could easily handle them all together and tie some string around the whole stack. I tied a small string bow and added a tiny tag. I then printed out a book quote by Dr Seuss and attached that to my card.



I hope you enjoyed my take on this weeks challenge. Show us some of your creations and don't forget to share on the Daring Cardmakers blog or our Facebook page Daring Cardmakers Create and Share.
Thank you so much for stopping by and I wish you all a very happy weekend. Check out all the inspiration from the DT over on the Daring Cardmakers blog https://daringcardmakers.blogspot.com

Crafty Hugs,
Rizwana

 

2 comments:

  1. I like your stack of books idea,very clever,great quote too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel the adventures in that pile wanting to break out... love this take on the book theme!

    ReplyDelete