09 April 2021

Let's hear it for the Bees! - Daring Cardmakers Challenge.

 Good morning and happy Friday!

Hope you are all well and keeping safe. Well what's happened to the weather? Just when we thought here comes spring with all that warm weather, its gone downhill with freezing cold temperatures and SNOW! Surely not so good for the bees as they come out in the spring months. This weeks challenge also about Bees and is set by DT member Shabneez,  its called:

            Let's Hear It For The Bees!

So we would like to celebrate bees this week and would love to see anything related to them on your cards.  You could use beehives, honeycomb shapes, honey coloured ink etc - extra points for using a combination of elements!

For my card today I have used Aallandcreate stamps sets by Tracy Evans (Honey Bee #330 and Little Critters #436). I started off by using oxides for my background. I wanted it to look bright and cheerful, Spiced Marmalade and Wild Honey were perfect for this. Once dry I stamped the honeycomb stamp in spiced marmalade. I then die cut an aperture out of another piece of white card and die cut some honeycomb out of gold card and adhered them in opposite corners of the aperture piece. I stamped and coloured the beehive and bee using alcohol markers and then fussy cut them. I also stamped the beehive onto the background piece so you could see all the fine leafy vines swirled around the beehive. I then adhered the coloured beehive in place carefully aligning with the stamped image on the background piece. 



Then I placed the aperture frame on top using some foam tape. I adhered some black card on to my main card and then placed the aperture piece on top placing the bee on to the white frame. I cut another middle piece of the bee and just glued the centre body and shaped the wings. I stamped the protect bees again on to some left over off cuts of inked yellow card and mounted them on to black card to make them stand out. To finish it off I added some Tim Holtz label tape and some sparkle to the bees wings.



I hope you enjoyed my take on this weeks challenge. Show us some of your creations and don't forget to share on the Daring Cardmakers blog or our Facebook page Daring Cardmakers Create and Share.
Thank you so much for stopping by and I wish you all a very happy weekend. Check out all the inspiration from the DT over on the Daring Cardmakers blog https://daringcardmakers.blogspot.com

Crafty Hugs,
Rizwana

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and stamping. The vine actually looks entwined around the honeycomb too. The die cut gold honeycomb is brilliant, so effective. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Rizwana - you definitely score extra points for using so many bee related elements. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card-love the die-cut honeycombs and beautiful Bee
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete