30 April 2021

Vellum-Daring Cardmakers Challemge

 Good Morning and Happy Friday!

Welcome back to another new challenge this week its DT member Dawn's turn to set a new challenge. Dawn says, " There is one product that I am not a big fan of and find it very difficult to use and that is  

VELLUM

So we would like you to use a little or a lot of vellum on your cards this week. We can't wait to see what lovely creations you create and  maybe inspire Dawn to use it more often.

So for my card I decided to use Vellum as an overlay. I created an inky background using distress oxides and Aallcreate lots of dots stencil. I kept laying colours until I was happy with the result. I then stamped one of the larger images from one of Aallandcreate stamp sets by Tracy Evans #449, onto vellum. I used WoW embossing powders ( Sparkling Snow) and covered the whole image and then heat embossed it. Then I added some coloured details on the back of the vellum using coloured pencils and alcohol markers. Once it was dry I wrapped the vellum around the front of my background piece of card and secured it at the back, with strong double sided tape. I then layered that on to a blue piece of card so it was only visible on the sides. I used some sparkly ribbon and wrapped it to one side of the card then I attached the whole piece to my main card. I stamped the butterfly sentiment onto some off cut piece from the same background. I then shaped it into a tag shape using my scissors and hole punch and then attached that to the ribbon on the card using a smaller piece. 


I hope you enjoyed my take on this weeks challenge. Show us some of your creations and don't forget to share on the Daring Cardmakers blog or our Facebook page Daring Cardmakers Create and Share.
Thank you so much for stopping by and I wish you all a very happy weekend. Check out all the inspiration from the DT over on the Daring Cardmakers blog https://daringcardmakers.blogspot.com

Crafty Hugs,
Rizwana

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful and elegant - I'll have to try heat embossing on vellum sometime soon! I also like that touch of inkyness shining through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty, the vellum gives it such fabulous depth Rizwana - love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally love this. I love the heat embossing on the vellum. Must give this a try. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card and the fabulous background that you have created. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much everyone for taking the time to post commentsxx

    ReplyDelete