15 October 2021

Candy Corn & Peppermint Fondant- Daring Cardmakers Challenge

 Good morning and welcome back to my blog!

Today I'm back with another Daring Cardmakers Challenge and this weeks challenge is called; 

Candy Corn & Peppermint Fondant

This challenge is set by DT member Svenja and she says:   
"In the US candy corn season is going pretty strong these days whereas here in Germany Peppermint Fondant is a traditional (all-year-round) sweet that usually comes in blocks of white and strong pink."
To celebrate these favourites, make a card using either a combination of white, yellow & orange or white & strong pink.
Extra (virtual) brownie points if it's sweets-themed.





 I created pink and white stripes using some strips of pink card and glued them onto my card base. I then stamped and embossed some flowers from the one of Tracey Hey's new stamp sets called 'Hey Beautiful'. After water colouring the flowers I die cut the image and layered it onto another piece of card. The pretty little leaves are also from the same set which I coloured and fussy cut then added them to the flowers. To finish it off I added some pearl gems to the flower centres and a sentiment also from the same set, which I stamped and embossed. Finally I added some fine splatters to the focal image. I really enjoyed creating this card it was such a fun challenge.

I hope you enjoyed my take on this weeks challenge. Show us some of your creations and don't forget to share on the Daring Cardmakers blog or our Facebook page Daring Cardmakers Create and Share.


Thank you so much for stopping by and I wish you all a very happy weekend. Check out all the inspiration from the DT over on the Daring Cardmakers blog https://daringcardmakers.blogspot.com

Crafty Hugs,
Rizwana

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card,love the die-cut circle framed flowers and pink and white colour combo
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete