22 October 2021

Wear It Pink- Daring Cardmakers Challenge

 Hello and Happy Friday!

Welcome back to my blog, today I'm back with another new challenge over on the Daring Cardmakers blog. October is breast cancer awareness month and today it's;

WEAR IT PINK DAY

This weeks challenge is set by DT member Joanne and she says; 

"Let’s mark the day by making a card featuring somebody or something wearing pink - it might be a woman in a pink outfit, a teddy with a pink bow, a child in a pink bobble hat, a dog with a pink collar… you get the idea! Baby pink, flamingo, raspberry, neon pink, any shade will do."


For my card I have used stamps and stencils from Tracey Heys new release. I traced the circle stencil on to my base card and used a craft knife to cut out the shapes. I then used a fine liner pen to create some faux stitching around all the cut out shapes. Patterened paper was then adhered to the inside of the base card so that it was seen through the cut out circle at the front. I coloured one of the character images from the 'Swinging By' stamp set and fussy cut both the image and the leaf vine. I wanted to create a card with the character swinging freely within the centre circle. So the leaf vine is attached to the main image and then adhered on the inside of the cut out circle, and there you have it, a free swinging little elephant on a swing. I loved creating this card it was just so fun.




I hope you enjoyed my take on this weeks challenge. Show us some of your creations and don't forget to share on the Daring Cardmakers blog or our Facebook page Daring Cardmakers Create and Share. 
Thank you so much for stopping by and I wish you all a very happy weekend. Check out all the inspiration from the DT over on the Daring Cardmakers blog https://daringcardmakers.blogspot.com

Crafty Hugs,
Rizwana


2 comments:

  1. Wow, you have a lot of patience cutting out those leafy vines! Well worth it though, this is such a sweet and effective card Rizwana, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much 😊 yes it was a labour of love ❤️

      Delete